September 26, 2012

Elias' 9th Birthday

So I thought I would start at the beginning of this year and work towards the party I just posted about Evie.  This is the party we had for Elias in March.  He decided he wanted a camping party.  We originally planned on actually camping afterwards, but they forecasted rain for the whole weekend, so we didn't end up doing so.  The day actually turned out nice and we were even able to set up the tents outside for the kids to play in.  We really had a great time doing this party.  Enjoy!




We had a s'mores and trail mix bar.  The kids really enjoyed this part (I think burning marshmallows was their favorite).  I just used little votive candles, but it took a while to get them cooked evenly.  It still worked out and the kids had a blast!



Elias wanted a cake with a camping scene on top.  I decorated it using marshmallow fondant and candy rocks.  He helped make the firewood and the little waterfall on back.  He is getting really good at helping me with his cakes.




Traditional camping/picnic food.  We had hotdogs, corn, potato salad, baked beans, as well as other goodies.  I also filled the bottom of the drink canisters with pinecones and moss.  I though it gave it an outdoorsy feel.




The cupcakes were choclate with chocalate mousse and a roasted marshmallow on top...so easy.


We made little tents for inside.  I found the instructions on pintrest.  They were really easy. Atleast, I think they were (I made my husband make them).  It it just some boards, a dowel rod, and a twin bed sheet with elastic sewn on.


Hope you enjoyed Elias' 9th birthday party...he certainly did!

      -Corrie


No comments:

Post a Comment